Flying High Trust Vision and Values
The Flying High Trust was established in June 2012 with an outstanding Nottinghamshire school as the founder member. Since then we have grown to twenty-six schools with further schools looking to join in the coming years.
Together we can achieve excellence. This ethos is guided by our core principles:
- Children first - at the heart of every decision is ‘will this benefit our children’?
- Aspiration for all - children, staff, families and local communities to aim high and dream big. Look back with pride and forward with confidence.
- Ensuring our schools are at the heart of their communities, leading social change.
- Supporting meaningful partnerships - schools that support and challenge each other to become the best schools in the universe through mutual accountability.
- A commitment to continuous improvement - to strive to provide the best opportunities for our children so that they can look back with pride and forward with confidence.
- Primary led - this is our area of passion and expertise and we focus on developing the whole child and each child as an individual.
We aim for our schools to be the best schools in the universe!
By the end of their primary education we aim for all of our children to be ready for secondary school and be inspired to be the best they can be through our seven values:
The values are fundamental to everything the Trust represents; they run through all elements of school improvement and are understood and owned by all members of the school community. Schools with their own clear USP linked to their values blend together the Trust values with those held so dear within each individual school.
As a Trust Partnership our expectation is that all schools:
- Demonstrate a restlessness to continually improve, to never stand still, with the ultimate aim of providing the best opportunities and experiences for our children.
- Strive to ensure every child fulfils their potential regardless of potential barriers to learning.
- Commit to become an outstanding, self-improving school and to support the profession and development of all schools within the partnership.
- Commit to a school-led system.
- Commit to the values, principles, policies and procedures of the Trust.
- To ultimately strive to be the best school in the Universe.
In our schools you will see we work together to:
- Ensure schools feel connected to the Trust whilst maintaining their unique qualities, character and relationship with their community.
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Engage with our communities to raise aspiration for all.
- Develop the whole child and create inquisitive learners.
- Enable all children to be confident, building on strengths and improving in areas of need.
- Enable children to understand the part they play in the world in the future - as a positive citizen and a driver of business and enterprise.
- Support the development of all staff to be the best they can be and to realise their career potential.
Look back with pride and forward with confidence - relentless in our strive for excellence